On Friday, Amber Garza released her latest book, Break Free. I can't WAIT to read it. It's sitting on my Kindle all ready to go. All I need to find now, is the time :)
Because this lady rocks, I thought you might like to get to know her a little better, so here's my little interview with the lovely, Amber Garza.
1. What was the first story you ever wrote (and be honest here - the FIRST one).
When I was around 10, I wrote a book about a nerdy boy who was being picked on in school. I literally can’t remember anything else that happened in the story or if it even had a plot. That’s all I remember.
2. What book are you currently reading?
I’m beta reading Crazy Enough to be True by Megan Squires. I love it
3. What's your favorite movie set in a high school?
A Walk to Remember
4. Who’s your go-to author - so you always buy their books because you trust them and know it’ll be a good read?
Alice Hoffman. I’m obsessed with her haunting writing style. I’d read anything of hers.
5. What’s your favorite TV show at the moment?
6. Which actor did you have a crush on when you were a teen?
7. Who’s your ultimate book boyfriend?
For awhile it was Jace from Mortal Instruments. I also really love Augustus Waters from Fault in our Stars.
8. Tell us about a favorite character you’ve written and why you like them so much.
Kyler from Break Free. He is writer like me so I feel a kindship to him. But mostly I like that he is not your typical book boyfriend. He’s brilliant, protective yet soft spoken. He’s a recluse who would rather spend time with fictional people than real ones. I don’t know. I just really connected to him.
9. What is your favorite stage of the writing process?
The rough draft. To me the blank page is the most exciting part because it is full of possibilities.
10. If you could celebrate your birthday anyway you wanted to, what would you do?
Go to the beach or a pool and just relax in the sun with my family and a good book. Then I’d want to go out to a really nice dinner and drink an expensive bottle of wine.
Thank you so much, Amber. You have excellent taste in movies and books. I LOVE Walk to Remember and I'm looking forward to meeting Kyler...I love reading books about writers.
Here's a little more about Amber's latest novel, Break Free...
NEW MYSTERIOUS ROMANCE FROM BESTSELLING AUTHOR AMBER GARZA...
Jade Mathews is on the run. Running from an addiction that almost destroyed her, and a man who wants her dead.
Kyler James is a writer, a recluse locked in a prison of his own making.
When Jade and Kyler meet they find solace in one another and start to heal. Until Jade stumbles upon Kyler's latest manuscript and is shocked to find that it is her story. One he couldn't know. Jade fears she's trusted the wrong person once again, and this time it may be her undoing.
Is the past destined to destroy them, or will they finally break free?
If you'd like to win an e-copy of this book, plus an e-copy of I Know Lucy, you can enter the giveaway below. We'll draw two winners this week! Yay :)a Rafflecopter giveaway