Monday, February 11, 2013

A Chat with Michelle from Book Briefs

As you know, I have been really enjoying interviewing different book reviewers. As a writer, I think it is so important to get to know them. They are such an amazing resource for us. Finding out their likes and dislikes is a great way to target our writing. Not only that, they are the BEST at promoting our work and it's important that we honour them for that.

Today, I am so excited to have Michelle, from Book Briefs, join us. This lady writes amazing reviews and has been a huge supporter of my work.

Welcome to YAlicious, Michelle :)


 What were your favourite types of books as a kid?
I always loved reading. I used to have my parents read to me all the time when I was a kid and I would have them put on books on tape while I would sleep at night. I would listen to the same 5-10 books on tape over and over and over again. When I got a few years older I loved to read books like Ella Enchanted and anything by Dr. Seuss.

What is your favourite genre now and why do you like it?
It used to read pretty much just magic and paranormal ya books, but now I am on a real contemporary kick. I am also loving Fey books, and New Adult books.

What do you like most about reviewing books for authors?
I love finding new authors and books that I normally would not have found before. I read and review a lot of indie and self published books for my blog and I have discovered some truly awesome authors this way. Authors that I just would not have known about if I had not started my blog.

Do you find it easy to picture characters and settings in your head? How descriptive do you like an author to be?
I love description. The more detailed the better. The best kind of details are when the author can weave them into the story. Description should feel like a natural addition to the character or story.

Where's your favourite place to read?
I love to be snuggled up in my bed or curled up in a comfy chair with a blanket.

Are you a fast or slow reader?
I’m a pretty fast reader. People always ask how I read so many books when I am in law school. It’s because I can normally knock out an average sized book in 3-4 hours. If only I could read my law books as fast. haha

A REVEIWER'S RECOMMENDATIONS
A traditionally published author you love: Meg Cabot, Abbi Glines (She used to be self published!) JK Rowling, Rick Riordan
An indie author you love: Alyssa Rose Ivy, Melissa Pearl (I swear I’m not sucking up! Haha) Heather Hildenbrand, Julia Crane
One of your favourite YA books: The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, The Vincent Boys, While It Lasts
One of your favourite Adult books: The Heather Wells series by Meg Cabot
A book you've read more than once: The Harry Potter series. I have read it at least 10 times. 

Thanks so much for you answers and recommendations. I must check out Meg Cabot sometime. If you like her this much, I'm sure to as well :)

If you'd like to connect with Michelle online, you can follow the links below:


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me here today Melissa! :)

    I hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so super cool to have you :) I am having a great week. Thanks! I hope you are too :)

      Delete
  2. I was recommended this website by my cousin.
    I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my problem. You're incredible!
    Thanks!

    Also visit my page: www.designstein.com

    ReplyDelete